So I’ve finished Month Two of MoneyBooks.blog and have been putting more books into action.
So what did I actually do in Month Two?
1- Completed our investment plan
After setting up our investments in Month One, based on the book ‘The long and short of it’ by John Kay, I still missing was advice about when to buy and sell our investments. This missing piece of advice was given in the book ‘Unshakeable‘ by Tony Robins. In short, the advice was to ‘invest when there is blood on the streets’ and don’t sell unless you really need to use the money for something else.
Read more about our ‘Unshakeable Investments’ here
2- Started to become a Website Entrepreneur
After we got our investments in order, the next action on my journey towards becoming a Rich Dad was to own a business. The book ‘The Website Investor‘ was the perfect book for this. I’m in the process of doing to some research on this topic and put this book into action.
Read more about how I’m becoming a website entrepreneur here
3- Noticed some unexpected benefits as a result of working on this blog
It turns out that creating this blog has had some unexpected benefits on my day-job. It has helped me increase my focus, manage my time better and ensure my work stress doesn’t leave the office. This is getting noticed by my management and has led to greater responsibility.
Read more about these unexpected benefits here
4- Read and reviewed more books (18 books have now been reviewed!)
Here are books I reviewed in Month Two;
- The Art of the Deal (6.6 points) – autobiography
- Unshakeable (8.4 points) – about investing
- The Website Investor (7.0 points) – a guide to buying online businesses
- The 4-hour Work-Week (7.52 points)
- Kidpreneurs (n/a, kids) – helping kids start businesses (review coming very soon)
These add to the 13 books I read and reviewed before Month Two. See full book list here
5. Video for my blog ‘Trying to become a Rich Dad’
I’m a big fan of the video animations which show someone explaining something by drawing on a whiteboard. So I decided to see how difficult it would be to make one. I used a website called Fiverr.com to find someone to create one based on my most popular blog: Trying to become a Rich Dad. See the video below:
Month Three is going to cover a lot of different things!
I’ve already thought of quite a few different things I’m going to cover over the next month. Based on the books I’ve read I’m going to cover:
- Automating our finances
- What I learnt about money as a kid
- Further research into buying a website
- Using psychology to increase the number of subscribers to my blog
Here are some of the books I’m planning on reading over the next month:
- Elon Musk Autobiography
- ‘I Will Teach You To Be Rich’ by Ramit Sethi
- Book about investing vs gambling
- Book about using FaceBook for business
Thanks for reading. Please subscribe, like, share and spread the word!